What IS Microneedling Collagen Induction Therapy?
Collagen induction therapy, also known as microneedling, dermarolling, or skin needling, is a cosmetic procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny, sterile needles to reduce wrinkles, and fine lines formed due to loss of elastin and collagen.Book Consultation
Microneedling collagen induction therapy utilizes an auto-microneedling system. When employed it creates a multitude of little perforations (up to 15000/min) in the surface of the skin. As the skin heals itself from the perforations, it produces extra elastin and collagen resulting in thicker skin, reduced wrinkles, softer scars and more even skin tone.
Microneedling collagen therapy is gaining popularity and for good reason — there are a number of exceptional benefits associated with it
- smoothing of wrinkles and tightening of the skin
- skin regeneration
- skin rejuvenation
- sun-damaged skin restoration
- scar softening, especially due to burns and acne
- stretch marks smoothing
- hyper – and hypopigmentation
- reduction of pore sizes and refinement of the skin complexion
Topical ointments and creams aren’t always used with microneedling collagen therapy, but it is a procedure that increases the efficacy of topicals. The tiny holes the needles create allow the ointments to get deeper into the skin.
Some topicals commonly used with microneedling collagen therapy include
- Vitamin C – a powerful antioxidant that boosts collagen production while strengthening skin
- Hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurred body substance that helps retain moisture in the skin. When used with microneedling, it causes the skin to plump up so it appears firm. It also evens out the skin tone leaving you with a bright youthful skin complexion
- Stem cells – used in combination with microneedling collagen therapy. It stimulates collagen and elastin production and is used for reducing discolorations, wrinkles, acne, scars and stretch marks
- Lightening serums – there is a number of serums available that allow your doctor to lighten or even out your skin tone through concentrated applications combined with microneedling collagen therapy